Dear Parents/Guardians and students:
On behalf of the faculty and staff of North Middlesex Regional High School, I would like to welcome back all of our students for another year of learning and growth.
In particular, I would like to take this opportunity to welcome students from the class of 2020 to NM! Our Freshman Orientation will be held on Wednesday, August 24th between 9:00 a.m. and 11:00 a.m. New students, as well as the incoming freshman, should feel free to attend and get the feel of the school building and their lockers. Student Council members, as well as staff, will be on hand to answer questions from students and parents. Your child’s teachers will provide materials lists during the first week of school.
I am excited to announce that we will be starting the school year with our 2nd annual Patriot Pride event for all students during the afternoon on Thursday, September 1st. This event was conceived by a group of high school students who feel that it is important to actively build a positive culture of pride at NM. The event will include a BBQ lunch, activities fair, class meetings, pep rally, and other class events. I would like to commend all the students and staff who have worked throughout the summer to make our 2nd annual Patriot Pride event a reality.
Important information for the 2016-17 school year:
(1) Changes to the Student Handbook include arrival and dismissal times in order to participate in athletic activities, extracurricular clubs, and events. Students must arrive at school no later than 7:30 a.m. and must not be dismissed prior to 1:30 p.m. in order to be able to participate. Students with valid excuses will not be affected. For complete policy details, please refer to the Attendance Policy in the 2016-17 Student Handbook.
(2) This year we will be introducing important changes to the advisory program. More information will follow about this program in the coming weeks.
(3) Due to the ongoing construction and limited access to the current high school, the following changes will remain in effect for the 2016-17 school year. Students coming to school by bus or on foot can continue to enter through the front of the building. Parents wishing to drop off their children must enter and exit school grounds using the Proctor Road entrance. Students with parking permits must also enter using Proctor Road. Main Street will no longer be accessible through the parking lots from Proctor Road. I appreciate your understanding during this exciting time for our students.
Important dates to remember:
- Tuesday, August 30th ~ First day of school - All students / Grades 1 -12
- Wednesday, August 31st ~ School ID photos - All students / Grades 9-12
- Thursday, September 1st ~ Absentee school ID photos Grades 9-12
~ Patriot Pride events
- Friday, September 2nd ~ No School - Labor Day Recess
- Monday, September 5th ~ No School – Labor Day Recess
- Thursday, September 8th ~ Open House, 6 p.m. - 8 p.m.
As always, we look forward to the upcoming school year with much enthusiasm as we strive to provide the best experience and opportunities for every student.
State Report Card for NM
The Massachusetts Department of Elementary and Secondary Education (DESE) has published school report cards for all schools and districts in the state. They can be accessed at http://profiles.doe.mass.edu/
Information and documents for NM can also be found at our website on the About NMRHS sidebar or by clicking here.